About Ed Trust–NY:
The Education Trust–New York works for educational justice and the high academic achievement of all students at all levels, from early childhood through college completion. We expose educational injustices and inequities that separate students of color, multilingual learners, and low-income students from their peers, and we identify and advocate for the strategies that will forever close equity gaps. Ed Trust–NY is a nonpartisan, data-driven, nonprofit education policy and advocacy organization. We work alongside parents, educators, policymakers, and community and business leaders.
Ed Trust–NY is a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with high expectations for our team and the work we produce. We are committed to high-quality policy and advocacy and the relentless pursuit of equity.
To learn more, please visit www.edtrustny.org.
The Chief of Staff will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Executive Director and Deputy Director/Chief Partnerships Officer to implement the organization’s strategic plan, lead project management, support fundraising and grant tracking, produce events, oversee internal operations, and act as the senior liaison to the National office.
- Partner with the Executive Director and Ed Trust–NY team to facilitate a vision-setting process across the organization and bring that vision to life
- Manage the strategic planning process and ensure the strategic plan is a living document
- Develop systems and methods for measuring and regularly evaluating the organization’s impact and progress against goals
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Ed Trust–NY team to develop clear annual and quarterly priorities and ensure that the Executive Director’s time is put toward these priorities
- Collaborate to ensure team alignment on critical organizational outcomes, policies, and processes
- Manage strategic projects that position the organization to continue and grow our leadership within the state around educational equity
- Engage Advisory Board members and other advisors as thought-partners and strategic allies
Partnerships and Engagement
- Help plan convenings including direct actions, conferences, regional meetings, and stakeholder briefings
- Support the organization’s fundraising efforts, including cultivating funder relationships, writing grant proposals and reports, and tracking grant deliverables
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to foster a learning and growing culture, for individuals and the organization, by coordinating staff professional development
- Ensure intersectional equity is at the core of our staff leadership and development practices
- Support organizational growth through internal pipeline development and external recruitment
Qualifications and Experience:
- Commitment to educational equity and racial justice
- A minimum of five years of professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility in the position’s essential functions
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity while driving the work forward
- Ability to work on and manage multiple projects at any given time and pivot among priorities
- Comfortable with the conflict that may arise when pursuing groundbreaking data that may expose systemic educational inequities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superb project management and time-management skills
- A track record of successful people and project management with tangible results
- Ability to draft and deliver compelling written and verbal communication
- Well-honed ability to execute and exhibit good judgment
- Knowledge of New York State government and/or education system
- Experience with Asana or similar project management software is preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Ed Trust–NY offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Please upload a cover letter and resume to this link. We review applications on a rolling basis.
The Education Trust–New York is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.