The Education Trust–New York seeks a full-time Operations Associate. They will assist with the day-to-day operations of the office/organization.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Education Trust–New York works for educational justice and the high academic achievement of all students at all levels, from early childhood through college completion. We expose educational injustices and inequities that separate students of color and students who are low-income from their peers, and we identify and advocate for the strategies that will forever close equity gaps. Ed Trust–NY is a nonpartisan, data-driven, nonprofit education policy and advocacy organization. We work alongside parents, educators, policymakers, and community and business leaders.
Ed Trust–NY is a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with high expectations for our team and the work we produce. We are committed to high-quality policy and advocacy and the relentless pursuit of equity.
The Operations Associate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide meeting and event support, including scheduling, correspondence, and logistics.
- Team calendar management, including scheduling internal and external meetings.
- Assist with finance processing, including expense reports and check requests.
- Assist with recruiting and on-boarding of new staff, interns, and fellows.
- Assist with policy report releases, including mailing materials to stakeholders and coordinating with external vendors to arrange printing.
- Support Communications Director with ETNY website management, social media scheduling, flyer creation, and email/list management.
- Help coordinate grant logistics (deadline dates/submission dates/interim reports), proposals, awards, and reporting requirements in coordination with ETNY staff.
- Serve as liaison with building staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
We are looking for a combination of the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and track complex tasks across multiple stakeholders.
- Desire to continuously improve systems with an eye towards efficiency and ease of access.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Experience with Asana is a plus.
- A demonstrated ability to plan effectively, and the flexibility to handle the unexpected.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- One to two years of professional experience preferred.
- Passion for improving the educational experiences and outcomes for low-income students and students of color, and an unwavering belief that these students could be much more successful if institutions better served them.
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Goal-oriented, project-oriented, and achievement-oriented.
- Healthy respect for colleagues.
- Strong sense of honor and integrity.
- A warm, personal style with a good sense of humor.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Education Trust–New York offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Please upload a cover letter and resume to this link. We review applications on a rolling basis.
The Education Trust–New York is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.