During our briefing, Students Can’t Wait: Equity Priorities for New Yorkers in 2023, we joined with our partners from the New York Equity Coalition and discussed what our most recent research shows about the state of education in our state, what investments Governor Hochul proposed to help children and families, and our policy recommendations for the 2023 legislative session.
Speakers presented a brief, high-level overview of what we have learned about the state of education in 2023. Alongside the New York Equity Coalition, we have been working on getting a better understanding of the current ecosystem as schools continue to recover from three years of interrupted instruction. This includes:
- How districts have been spending their federal American Rescue Plan funds;
- The latest state and federal student assessment scores;
- Trends and updates on graduation rates and requirements;
- Teacher diversity across the state; student enrollment and;
- Access to advanced coursework.
Below, you’ll find a recording of the webinar and presentation we covered to help guide your advocacy strategies and priorities this year.
And be sure to sign up for updates on these and other critical equity issues as the legislative session progresses!