About Ed Trust–NY:
The Education Trust–New York works for educational justice and the high academic achievement of all students at all levels, from early childhood through college completion. We expose educational injustices and inequities that separate students of color, multilingual learners, and low-income students from their peers, and we identify and advocate for the strategies that will forever close equity gaps. Ed Trust–NY is a nonpartisan, data-driven, nonprofit education policy and advocacy organization. We work alongside parents, educators, policymakers, and community and business leaders.
Ed Trust–NY is a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with high expectations for our team and the work we produce. We are committed to high-quality policy and advocacy and the relentless pursuit of equity.
The Higher Education Data & Policy Analyst will support Ed Trust–NY’s efforts by conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis; summarizing research; supporting the development of memos, letters, and publications; and collaborating with colleagues to develop policy positions that will advance educational equity in New York State. The ideal candidate for this role has knowledge of and experience with postsecondary data, policies, and programs, and has a passion for improving the educational experiences and outcomes for students who are low-income and students of color. The Higher Education Data & Policy Analyst will report to the Associate Director of Research & Policy. The position will be based in New York City.
- Collect, analyze, and present education data to support a variety of research, communications, and outreach purposes. This includes:
- Developing research questions and designing quantitative and qualitative research/analysis plans;
- Collecting, cleaning, and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Preparing and managing data requests;
- Surfacing best practices;
- Creating presentations and briefs summarizing data points and analyses;
- Identifying and creating innovative visualizations to communicate data to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences; and
- Performing quality assurance checks on analyses and data statements.
- Perform policy analysis and develop policy recommendations in a variety of higher education policy areas. This includes:
- Developing written policy briefs, statements, and letters; and
- Informing the organization’s policy positions by monitoring and reporting policy conversation across government, media, think tanks, academia, and advocates.
- In response to legislative, regulatory, institutional, and other policy proposals, prepare memos, letters, and statements summarizing Ed Trust–NY’s positions, analyses, and recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned that support the mission and work of the organization, including cross-sector collaboration with P-12 and early childhood colleagues.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Commitment to educational equity and racial justice.
- Master’s or PhD with 1-2 years of relevant professional experience, or Bachelor’s with 3-5 years of relevant professional experience, or 5+ years of relevant professional experience (any of these three combinations is preferred, but Ed Trust–NY will also consider applicants that do not meet these specifications).
- Familiarity with the New York State higher education policy landscape including SUNY, CUNY, and independent colleges and universities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in collecting and evaluating information to support policy advocacy, often in time-sensitive situations.
- Ability to work on and manage multiple projects at any given time and pivot among priorities.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Superb project management and time-management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint – STATA skills a plus.
- Healthy respect for colleagues.
- Strong sense of honor and integrity.
- A warm, personal style with a good sense of humor.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Ed Trust–NY offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Please upload a cover letter and resume to this link. We review applications on a rolling basis.
The Education Trust–New York is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.